Texts & Content
There are 3 or 4 short reading texts on a particular health-related topic. The texts may be of the following types
· Research Report
· Case studies
· Bullet points
· Extract from an article
- You must complete a summary paragraph by filling in blank spaces with a suitable word or words.
- There are 25 – 35 questions.
- Candidates have 15 minutes to skim and scan through the texts, and to write the answer in the answer booklet.
- If you get 65% of questions correct you should be able to get a B grade.
There are no questions. It is a gap fill activity in which the candidate must fill in the blanks, using mainly (but not always) words from the texts.
There are 4 gap types:
1. same word as in the text
2. same word, but in a different form
3. number or figure from a graph or chart
4. different word, but with similar meaning