Here are some tips to help you prepare for the exam:
- Read academic medical articles from journals in order to build vocabulary and an understanding of how these types of texts are written and structured.
- Read as much OET practice reading material as you can so that you are familiar with the level of difficulty of the texts and associated question types.
- Use practice material from the IELTS reading exam, particularly texts which have a medical or science related focus. IELTS reading texts are similar to OET in that they are academic in style.
- Build you vocabulary: Find out the meaning of new words and keep a notebook of all new words and expressions. Use a thesaurus to build your knowledge of synonyms.
- Use the internet to access the wide range of reading material available related to health professions.