The main degree of difficulty for Part A comes from the limited timeframe to complete the task. Therefore it is necessary to have a planned approach so that you can complete most or all of the activity within 15 minutes. Note, this is not easy to do!
Procedure for Part A
1. Skim each text to identify the title and authors (if mentioned) of each of the texts.
2. Start reading the summary task and identify which text contains the answer to the first question.
3. Scan that text and locate the key words needed to complete the gap.
4. Place the words in the answer box next to the text.
5. Continue this process for the remainder of the text.